Saturday, December 23, 2017

The trip to the Rochester Lilac Festival


George Frederick (Grandpoppa) Cuingham, Pearl (Nana) Cuningham & George Frederick Cuningham Jr. and me

Back to Aunt Roxie Franklin. She came back to Rochester for awhile. It was  during the Lilac Festival at Highland Park. I'm not sure exactly what year we were there. I'm pretty sure it was before she gave us all that money. But we dressed up. It was the the early 1950s, people dressed up to visit relatives and to visit the Lilac Festival. We were NOT over dressed. I have no pictures of her. I was around 7 or 8 years old. I tried to be good, I knew she was an important person to my parents. I couldn't find any pictures of Aunt Roxie.

Franklin House in Monroe County, NY Built in th 1870s
Now on to the Lilac Festival:

George and Pearl
Pearl being silly
George and Pearl
Pearl playing model
George with his cigar
George Frederick Cuningham Jr. (Freddie
Me Georgia E. (Cuningham) Warren

No comments:

Post a Comment