Sunday, December 24, 2017

The Army Men


Jim Cunningham an MP in Germany in the 1950s
George F. Cunningham  also an MP
The first Cuningham man I found to serve in the Army was George Cuningham. He served in the Revolutionary War from the New York area. His name was listed on the wall of the Old Syracuse Library on Columbus Circle. I don't know what is in that building now or where the beautiful engraved list of Revolutionary War soldiers is now located.



All three of my brothers, Jim, Freddie (George) and Greg (Judson) joined The United States Armed Forces. Jim and Freddie were both MPs.

Jim served out his entire service time. When he came home he suffered from a long illness from a service connected problem. He received 100% Veteran's Compensation and was entitled VA Medical all his life.

There will soon be added many pictures of Jim's army friends and pictures he took in Germany.

This one picture of Freddie is all I found. I am not sure how long he served. He also had a service connected illness. He received a percentage of compensation and was entitled to VA Medical all his life. He was stationed in Korea during the "conflict" there. As far as I know I am the only one  he talked about what happened there. I promised not to tell. Even after his death, I do not think I have told about it. I may have, but I tried not to break my promise.




Greg was in the army for awhile. I thought it was much later than this picture indicates, but I was young and I could be very wrong. He did not serve very long. He decided to leave, it did not work out well.




No comments:

Post a Comment